Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"The Enthusiast" Julie Kirkland, Dog Portraits, Colorado Contemporary Realism Artist, small oil paintings


Walking in a wildlife sanctuary one day, two boxers introduced themselves to me by wrapping their leashes around my legs until I was immobilized. It turns out that they were a father/son team and their enthusiasm for the outdoors was contagious. They are beautiful dogs and I painted the son, Jerry, first because I can't resist the life in his face. An alternative title for this 8 x 8 inch oil could have been "The Clown" as I understand that boxers are considered the clowns of the dog world. Hang this painting in your home or office and be greated each day with the bounding delight of "The Enthusiast." $250 plus tax and shipping. Contact me with any questions about this painting or if you'd like to talk to me about commissioning a portrait of your pet. To email me, click on this link Julie Kirkland






Contemporary Animal Portraits, Dog Paintings, Commissions, Daily Paintings, Julie Kirkland,Oil Paintings,Dog Portraits, small dog oil paintings, square format, Colorado Contemporary Realism Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment