Sunday, May 1, 2011

Utah

oil study, 5 x 7"

SOLD

I just returned yesterday from a week in the Provo, Utah area with my "art peeps."  This is our second painting trip together and we enjoyed ourselves so much that we're already planning the next trip.    Most of our time was spent studying fabulous art in Bringham Young University's  Art collection and the Springfield Art Museum.   Halfway through the week, we had an afternoon to paint plein air.  It was a beautiful day, but it was still chilly with wind gusting off of those snowy mountains.


oil study, 5 x 7"

This was my second painting that afternoon.  The first one above was painted with the sun hitting the mountain from the upper right.  When I finished it, I turned around to paint the view behind me.  This view was mostly in shadow with a few spots of sunlight sneaking through.

www.juliekirkland.com

No comments:

Post a Comment