Sunday, August 28, 2011

Busy at the Easel

My daughter was married in July and since then, I've been very focused on my painting.  So focused that I haven't spent much time on the computer.  I have been working hard to improve my brushwork and color and feel that I'm starting to get a little more consistent results.  My goal is to soon be posting art on a regular basis, but for now I'm staying up to my elbows in wet paint.

Here's a little piece that I did on Friday.  I haven't titled him yet, but it's a late afternoon setting, and he seems to be looking in the distance for a familiar person to run and greet....




I'm now taking dog portrait commissions for the holidays.  If you need a gift for someone with a cherished pet, a painting that captures the animal's personality is a great gift.  Contact me at
mailto:info@juliekirkland.com for more information and you can see more examples of my portraits on my website, http://www.juliekirkland.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment