Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day 2

After thinking more about why yesterday's painting seemed so easy to paint, I realized that it was because of the canvas panels and the brushes that Carol Marine recommends. Normally, I would take my usual canvas panels and the brushes I like to a class, but a few weeks ago, I was listening to the Internet radio show "Artist's Helping Artists.". The topic was how to get the most out of a workshop, and they highly recommended using the supplies that the instructor calls for, simply because you may discover something that you really like. Well, I REALLY like the smooth canvas Raymar panels and the brush Carol recommends! I think that painting has been easier the last two days because I'm not wrestling the paint onto the canvas; there's a greater ease in application. I'm definitely switching to the Raymar panels. If anyone is interested in buying my current supply of panels, let me know!


Tuesday's focus was on values and an afternoon of 10 minute paintings.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julie,
    Glad you are enjoying the workshop; I hope to take it someday too! What brush does Carol recommend?
    Thanks,
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott,

    This link will take you to the page on Carol's workshop, including her supply list. I thought that you might like to see the colors that she uses as well. Let me know how it goes if you try all this stuff out!

    http://activenet13.active.com/sedonaartscenter/servlet/registrationmain.sdi?source=adet.sdi&activity_id=387

    ReplyDelete