Thursday, May 30, 2013

Le Danse Study

Nymph Study, 6 x 6 Inches                         Oil


Starting Bid $40

I visited Paris in 2009 and came down with an awful virus on our second day there.  Seven days in Paris eating saltine crackers and chicken broth. I was sick as a dog, and my wonderful husband dragged me (at my insistence) to all of the art museums that I had dreamed of visiting.  Every museum twice.  My vision was bleary and my mind was mush and I knew at the time it would be a miracle if I remembered anything I saw at all, so I took hundreds of pictures.  I've been sorting through them recently and found some that I took of the sculpture "La Danse" the Musee d'Orsay. 


One of my photos that I'd like to paint includes a grouping of the dancers' faces.  Here is a monochromatic study of one dancer's face.  I'm picturing the future painting as a study in whites.

No comments:

Post a Comment