Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Until the Cows Come Home

Until the Cows Come Home      6x6 inches   $95 unframed


After a very exciting trip to Burundi, Africa, I'm finally back in the studio with some concentrated time to work.  I'm currently painting images of my trip, and look forward to sharing them with you.  This little study was completed before I left.  It's a familiar scene from my home town.  I love the looseness of it, and how I managed to capture the late afternoon light.

Friends, if you are in the Pikes Peak region, First Friday is next week, May 2nd from 5 to 8pm.  I'll be in my studio and would love for you to take a peek at my latest paintings!  Let me know if you need directions to get there.


2 comments:

  1. This is darling, Julie. Reminds me of Roos Schuring's work. She's from the Netherlands and paints cows (plein air) there all the time. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, what a great compliment! I'd love to paint as simply as her someday! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete