Monday, January 16, 2012

Tangerine Challenge

Tangerine on Turquoise,  6 x 6" Oil on Canvas Panel  $75 unframed

I've been true to my word and have kept at the challenge of painting the same object multiple times.  I have actually kept a total of 6 of the tangerine paintings (the others were best wiped off.....)  Everyone who visits the studio seems to have a favorite, and this one happens to be mine.  I love the complementary color contrast of the orange and blue.  I'm still enjoying the subject matter and the infinite variety of things that I could try, so expect to see more of these!

This painting, "Tangerine on Turquoise" is currently available in my studio and will be sold through a Daily Paintworks online auction that starts tomorrow, Jan. 17.  Visit my DPW gallery http://www.dailypaintworks.com/Artists/jkirkland-51 and click on the painting image to take you to the auction.
You can see more of my work at http://www.juliekirkland.com Questions about this painting, or any of the other tangerines?  Contact me at info@juliekirkland.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment