Sunday, September 16, 2012

Double Barrels

"Double Barrels"                      6x6 inch oil on canvas panel


I have a collection of vintage items from the 1950's:  lipsticks, dishes, toys, cat eye glasses, compacts, high heels, lamps, coffee pots.....I'm a sucker for all things retro!  So, when I walked into Retrospect Dry Goods in Monument, CO, I was in heaven.  The owner, Lisa, offered to host a one evening show of my work that featured vintage items, so I'm working on some new paintings  that will complement the themes of her store.  You can see these new works in person on Thursday, September 20th from 5 to 8 pm during Monument's Art Hop.  Retrospect Dry Goods is located on Front Street, just behind The Coffee Cup restaurant.  I'm now turning my thoughts toward a retro outfit to wear!

Don't forget that I'm giving away a small painting this month to one of the lucky subscribers of my blog!  Just enter your email in the "Enter you email address" box on the upper right of this page.

Questions?  info@juliekirkland.com
Visit my Website:  www.juliekirkland.com

No comments:

Post a Comment